Tomato Burrata Toasts
If you asked me to pick my favorite summer meal or appetizer, I’d say it’s this. Toasted bread topped with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Brushetta is truly one of my greatest loves in life. I know, it’s kind of simple, but that’s what I love about it. I adore warm toasted bread topped with a pile of fresh tomatoes and garlic!
I’ve added one incredible ingredient to these little toasts and it’s burrata. Oh my gosh, I love burrata so so so much and I want to put it in everything. If you’ve never had it before, burrata is a light cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer part is mozzarella and then when you break into it, you’ll find the most amazing creamy cheese. It’s basically a dream come true and perfect for spreading on some toasted bread!
You can really use whatever tomatoes you want for this recipe, but I like to use this constellation mix of little heirloom tomatoes my grocery store carries. I adore the look of the different colored tomatoes, but if you can only find grape or cherry tomatoes, that’s perfectly okay! I love garlic and add a lot of it, but you can add less. I also highly recommend a good drizzling of balsamic vinegar or glaze on top to finish the toasts off before serving!
You can serve these toasts as an appetizer, but I honestly could eat this as a meal! These toasts would be lovely to serve with a crisp glass of white wine while enjoying a summer sunset. You could also serve these as a side dish along with some grilled chicken or fish. It’s entirely possible I ate an entire half of a baguette of the toasts in one sitting. Sorry not sorry!
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling on bread)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1 small baguette (approx. 12-14 inches), sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1-2 balls burrata cheese
- balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze (optional)
1. In a bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Set oven to broil. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil over the top of each slice. Toast for 1-2 minutes until golden. Remove.
3. Spread desired amount of burrata cheese over each slice. Then spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture on top. Drizzle balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze on top of each toast if desired. Serve.
Serving Size:about 3 crostini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 233mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 7g
Looking for more crostini recipes? Try these:
Roasted Balsamic Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
Avocado and Mango Crostini
Cheesy Olive Toasts