Roasted Balsamic Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
It rained yesterday. It was a miracle. It got all dark and there was thunder. I was all set on the couch with a blanket and the TV. And then it only lasted for about 10 minutes. Major sad face. Is it so much to ask for one afternoon of rain, Phoenix? Apparently it is. It is apparently monsoon season, but I’m not really seeing any monsoons, just some disgusting dust storms. Wahhhhh! I know, I have such problems in life.
Oh, We will be heading to Santa Fe this week for a work conference. I’ve never been so if any of you have any good restaurant recommendations, lemme hear them!
I want to warn you guys that I have a ton of fruit recipes coming up. Part of it is because it’s really one of the only pregnancy cravings I am having. And then also, it’s summer and well, let’s fruit it up!
I have a crazy obsession with crostini of any and all kinds. I mean, first you start of with delicious and wonderful bread. Bread makes everything in this world okay. And then you have pretty much an infinite amount of topping possibilities! These roasted balsamic strawberries are the perfect topping with just the right amount of sweetness and combined with a big smear of goat cheese and you get some nice tang (also from the balsamic vinegar) and it’s all so good with warm and toasty bread!
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for brushing on the bread)
- goat cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- basil (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, stir together the sliced strawberries and olive oil. Layer the strawberries in an even layer on the pan and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the strawberries are soft. Remove the strawberries from the oven.
- Brush some olive oil on top of each slice of bread. Place the slices onto the baking sheet (you may need to replace the parchment paper). Toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cook for 5 minutes. Spread some goat cheese on top of each slice. Then spoon some of the strawberry mixture on top of each slice. Top with fresh basil if desired.
Serving Size:1 crostini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g