Fig and Goat Cheese Ball
You guys, I’m SO excited about today’s post! I’ve teamed up with 24 other bloggers to bring you 25 perfect recipes to make for Thanksgiving including appetizers, sides, and desserts!
I decided to make an appetizer. You guys loved my Cranberry Pecan and White Cheddar Cheese Ball, so I thought I’d try a new cheese ball recipe! This Fig and Goat Cheese Ball is so perfect for any holiday gathering. It only requires 4 ingredients: Cream cheese, goat cheese, fig preserves, and walnuts! It’s also really easy to mix up in a food processor and you can prep it the night before too. I am madly in love with the sweetness from the fig paired with the tangy goat cheese!
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- approx. 1 cup chopped walnuts
- crackers and/or sliced apples
- Add the goat cheese, cream cheese, and fig preserves to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth and just combined (be careful not to blend for too long or the mixture will get too liquid-y).
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter. Use a spatula to transfer the mixture in a pile in the middle of the plastic wrap. Wrap up the sides, forming the mixture into a ball shape. Place onto a plate and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, if not overnight.
- Add the walnuts to a shallow bowl. Remove the plastic wrap and gently place the ball into the walnuts, gently rotating it to coat with the walnuts. Place onto a serving dish or cheese board. Fill in any gaps with additional walnuts by hand. Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Does not include cracker or other dippers
Check out all of the other great recipes my friends made!
- Homemade Orange Cider Cranberry Sauce via The Snappy Gourmet
- Cheesy Garlic Herb Potatoes and Squash via Sugar Dish Me
- 5-Ingredient Pecan Pie Fudge via Texanerin Baking
- Brussels Sprouts and Farro Salad via Lemons for Lulu
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Side Dish via Cooking on the Front Burner
- Fig and Goat Cheese Ball via Eat. Drink. Love
- Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread via Barbara Bakes
- Classic Apple Pie via Comfortable Domestic
- Acorn Squash Puree via Daily Appetite
- Pumpkin Banana Bread via Java Cupcake
- Green Beans with Almonds and Bacon via From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Classic Pecan Pie via That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkey Tenderloins with Mushroom Shallot Tarragon Gravy via All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole Donut Holes via Cupcake Project
- Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes via Chocolate Slopes
- Triple Spice Pumpkin Buttermilk Pie via Frugal Foodie Mama
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce via The Adventure Bite
- Twice Baked Potatoes via My Gluten Free Kitchen
- Green Bean Quinoa Casserole via Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Warm Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Leek Salad with Cheddar Biscuit Breadcrumbs via Sarcastic Cooking
- Pumpkin Slab Pie via The Kitchen is My Playground
- Prosciutto Wrapped Parmesan Pears & Greens via The Complete Savorist
- Cranberry Apple Charlotte via The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Ricotta Chocolate Chip Bread via Ari’s Menu