Pear and Brie Crostini
Happy Holidays, friends! I decided to take a week off from blogging to enjoy time with the family and it was so needed! We had such a fun Christmas with Maddie. We are always traveling for Christmas, but now that we live in California and are close to my in-laws, for the first time in a very long time, we woke up in our own home on Christmas morning. With Maddie being two, this was really the first Christmas she really seemed to understand what was going on. She was so excited to get downstairs to see all the presents! Being a parent truly puts some magic back into Christmas!
Ok, but now it’s over and we’ve got a few days until New Years Eve! This pear and brie crostini would be perfect to serve!
This appetizer really works well starting in the fall and through the holiday season. It starts with toasted baguette topped with glorious melted brie cheese and then is topped with soft pears tossed in a bit of cinnamon and some toasted walnuts! It’s seriously dreamy! I think I could live off brie, no joke! I couldn’t stop eating this crostini while taking the photos. Your party guests will love munching on this warm appetizer while sipping champagne!
- 1 french baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces brie, rind removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the bread slices in an even layer on the baking sheet. Brush or drizzle the olive oil over each slice. Slice the brie into thin slices and place a slice on top of each piece of bread. Place the bread into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the brie is melted.
- While the bread is toasting, in a non-stick pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the diced pears and cinnamon and stir until coated. Cook the pears for 3-4 minutes. Add in the walnuts and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Spoon the mixture on top of each slice. Serve warm.
Serving Size:2 crostini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 250mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 7g
Looking for more Fall or Winter appetizer recipes? Check these out!
Roasted Balsamic Strawberry and Goat Cheese Crostini
Apple Gruyère Tarts
Cheesy Olive Toasts