Flashback Friday: Lemon Chicken Saltimbocca
First, I just want to say thank you for all of your sweet comments on social media and messages yesterday in response to the BIG news! I’m so glad it’s finally out there and I can’t wait to share this journey with you all and of course, pick your brains on all things baby!
Alright, onto the food! Not that I have ever really been one for overly complicated meals, but I’m really all about quick and easy these days. Most nights, I come home from work and am feeling so sleepy and often feel unmotivated to cook. This was a recipe I found in Cooking Light years ago and I wanted to share it again because it’s a really tasty dish and it’s super quick to make so it’s the perfect weeknight meal. I also feel like it’s kind of a fancy! You’ve got chicken wrapped in prosciutto and fresh sage leaves and then topped with a tasty lemon sauce! I love the saltiness of the prosciutto paired with the fresh sage and tangy lemon sauce!
I served it with some pasta aglio e olio since it’s nice and light and pairs well with the chicken, but rice also pairs well with a big side of steamed veggies!
Lemon Chicken Saltimbocca
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/8 teaspooon salt
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 8 thin strips
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- lemon wedges
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt. Place 3 sage leaves on each cutlet; wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each cutlet, and secure the sage leaves in place.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add the chicken to the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked throughly. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Whisk together the broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Serve with additional lemon wedges, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 cutlet; Calories per serving: 202
From Cooking LightAll images and text ©
Original Recipe: Lemon Chicken Saltimbocca