Cheesy Olive Toasts
Happy New Year, my friends! It’s 2015 and just like that, the holiday season is over. Truthfully, I sometimes get a little depressed when the holidays are over because my husband and I love decorations, holiday movies, and just that feeling of the fun and excitement of the holidays. But, we must move on!
Once the holidays are over, my mind always shifts to the Super Bowl in terms of what to make for the blog. It’s all about the appetizers if you ask me! Standard football fare is always wings, nachos, etc., but who says you can’t make something a little more fancy? These Cheesy Olive Toasts are the perfect snack to serve!
My friends at STAR Fine Foods asked bloggers to create a recipe using their pimento-stuffed green olives to show that olives can be enjoyed all year round as a part of their How Do You O-Live campaign! And I totes agree. These Cheesy Olive Toasts are a great appetizer to serve any time of the year and for any party.
You’ve got warm and toasty bread topped with a cream cheese spread stuffed with green olives and green onion and the topped with melted Jack cheese. Gah! My mouth is watering just thinking about how good these toasts are! Truth be told, I am not always a big fan of green olives. I think it’s the salty flavor, but I could not stop eating these. The saltiness of the olives is perfectly balanced against the cheesy topping.
Cheesy Olive Toasts
- french baguette, cut into approximately 16 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (8-ounce) block plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 4 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup STAR Manzanilla Spanish Olives, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the bread slices on the pan. Drizzle some olive oil on top of each slice. Place in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes until the bread is lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set the oven to broil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, garlic powder, green onion, and the bacon. Fold in the chopped olives. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the olive mixture on top of each slice of bread. Sprinkle some the Jack cheese on top of each slice. Stick the slices under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve.
The folks at STAR Fine Foods want to know how YOU O-Live! Click the image below to enter for your chance to win up to $5000!
Disclaimer: I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. This post is sponsored by STAR. I was compensated for my time and work. However, all opinions of the product stated in this post are my own.