Snowman Cheese Ball
Today I bring you the cutest little holiday appetizer you ever did see – A Snowman Cheese Ball! Isn’t he just adorable? Honestly, he’s almost too cute to eat, but he’s totally delicious and is the perfect dish to bring to parties or to surprise your fam with at home!
And the best part about this cheese ball is how simple it is to make! Seriously, it’s so easy!
To make the cheese ball, you will beat together some cream cheese, cheddar cheese,and ranch seasoning with a few other simple ingredients. Roll the mixture into two balls to shape the snowman. Wrap them up and stick them in the fridge until you are ready to serve him up. Then you will just roll him in some shredded jack cheese (or any other white shredded cheese will do) and put him together!
I love adding ranch seasoning to all of the things, you can add more or less of it depending on your tastes. Other than that, I just added a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
To decorate, you will need just one little baby carrot for his nose and a small handful of whole peppercorns for his eyes, mouth, and buttons. Currants would also work if you don’t have peppercorns.
If you want to get even fancier, stick some pretzel sticks in him to make some arms. You can also wrap very thinly sliced bell pepper, zucchini, or carrot to create a scarf for your snowman!
You can also prep your cheese ball up to two days ahead. Just create your two snowman pieces, wrap them well, and store in a container in the fridge. If you are making this the same day you plan to serve it, I do recommend letting it chill and firm up in the fridge for at least an hour before rolling in the cheese and decorating so you will want to plan ahead at least a little bit.
Serve this little dude with your favorite spread of crackers and/or sliced up veggies!
- 2 packages plain cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, ranch seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix until well-combined.
- Prepare two squares of plastic wrap or foil and set aside. Take about 2/3rds-3/4ths of the mixture and form into a ball with your hands (cooking spray is helpful to spray your hands to avoid sticking). Wrap in the foil or plastic wrap. Roll the remaining mixture into a smaller ball for the head. Wrap in the other square of foil or plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least one hour or up to two days in advance.
- Pour the shredded jack cheese into a shallow bowl. Roll both of the cheese balls into the cheese to coat all the way around. Place the larger cheese ball down first, pressing down slightly on the top middle. Place the smaller cheese ball on top, pressing down to secure.
- Take the baby carrot and slice about 1/3 of the way and stick into the cheese ball for the nose. Use the peppercorns to make the eyes, smile, and buttons. Decorate further if desired. Serve chilled with crackers and vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g