Cranberry Pecan and White Cheddar Cheese Ball
Oh yes, another appetizer. Sorry, but I’m also not sorry because this one is too delicious to pass up. Cheese is involved. Lots of cheese. If someone ever told me I could no longer eat cheese, I would punch them right in the face and then I would wear all black for a good month. I would have to enroll in Cheeseaholics Anonymous. It wouldn’t be pretty.
Cheese Balls, where have you been all my life? If you have never made one, they are glorious. The flavor combinations are unlimited.
I kind of went crazy with buying dried cranberries this season. Since my pantry is basically a black hole of doom and despair, I kept thinking I was out of them and of course, I wasn’t (which is pretty much the story of my life when it comes to grocery shopping), so I ended up with 3 huge bags. But it ain’t no thing because it’s totally cranberry season anyway. Cranberries, cream cheese and sharp white cheddar cheese are a brilliant flavor combination. Did I mention there is also toasted pecans?!
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces good quality sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pecans in an even layer. Bake for about 5 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the cheddar cheese. Add in the pecans, salt, and the Worcestershire sauce. Continue mixing for another minute or two until everything is well-combined. Remove the mixture from the bowl and form into a ball with your hands. Wrap the formed ball in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chilled cheese ball. Using small handfuls at a time, place dried cranberries all over the cheese ball, pushing in lightly to secure them into place. Try to cover as much of the cheese ball as possible (except the bottom). Serve or cover and place back into the fridge until serving. Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Dip only, does not include crackers