Pumpkin Cheese Ball
I’m not sure what it is, but this time of year just makes me want to make cheese balls and more cheese balls. They are just so perfect for holiday entertaining! And seriously, who doesn’t love cheese?! You guys obviously love them too because they are always some of the most popular recipes on the blog this time of year.
Today I’ve made the perfect cheese ball for Thanksgiving – a pumpkin cheese ball! Cheese balls are really so easy to make. You just beat everything together and then chill overnight. This pumpkin version is made with cream cheese, some mascarpone cheese to add some smoothness and richness, and white cheddar cheese.
I wasn’t quite sure how the white cheddar would taste in this cheese ball, but adding just a bit added a nice bite to the cheese ball. If you aren’t into it though, you can certainly leave out the cheddar and add more cream cheese. I then coated the cheese ball in pepitas. If you can’t find them in your store, you can also coat the cheese ball in chopped walnuts or pecans which would also work really well.
I hope you all have a blessed and delicious Thanksgiving holiday weekend with your families!
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- salt to taste
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cheeses, pumpkin puree, and the salt. Line a clean surface with a large square of plastic wrap. Spoon the mixture into the center and then wrap with the plastic wrap, forming into a ball as you wrap. Chill the cheese ball for at least 4-6 hours, if not overnight.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and place onto a serving dish. Take small handfuls of the pepitas and push into the cheese ball until covered with the seeds. Serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g