Baked Avocado Fries with Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
This weekend was the hottest weekend we have experienced as Arizona residents. It was 118 degrees F. And let me tell I you, it was basically the worst thing ever. On Saturday, my husband and I went out to run to some stores to look for new sheets and to go to the grocery store. Just walking to and from our car into each store was enough to complete drain us of all energy. We have been taking water bottles with us to try to stay hydrated, but it’s not enough. We got home and we both felt so crappy and I had to take a nap. And now all of my herb plants are dead. I hate it!
Ok, I’ll stop my whining. I promise.
These fries…oh these fries. You guys know how in love I am with avocados. I am always looking for new ways to enjoy those green beauties! These baked avocado fries are great to serve alongside a burger, but they also make a great appetizer. To make them, you will just slice up some avocados and dip them in crunch panko bread crumbs and seasonings to bake until crispy on the outside!
I mixed up some chipotle ranch dipping sauce to serve alongside them.
- 2 ripe avocados, pit removed and cut into slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- cooking spray
For the chipotle ranch dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup ranch dresssing
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place an oven-safe wire baking rack on top of a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Get three shallow bowls. Put the flour in the one bowl. Whisk together the eggs in the second bowl. In the third bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder, and the red pepper flakes. Take one of the slices and dredge into the flour, then into the egg, and then into the panko mixture until each slice is well-coated. Place the finished slices onto the wire rack. Spray with more cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes. Flip the each avocado slice over and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden. (You can sprinkle extra salt on top if necessary)
- While the fries are baking, prepare the dipping sauce. Pour the ranch dressing, pepper, and the lime juice into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the everything is well-combined and the pepper has been broken down.
- Serve the avocado fries with the chipotle ranch dipping sauce and/or other sauces of your choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 433mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 6g