Baked Honey Chipotle Wings
I don’t know why, but the thought of making chicken wings used to totally intimidate me. The very first time I bought them many years ago, I accidentally bought some that were not broken down. I seriously spent a good hour trying to break them apart before giving up and vowing to never again attempt to make them myself. I think I talked to my mom on the phone about it and she was just like, “What the heck did you buy? They come separated!”
Whatever. I still decided to just forget them for years until she finally made them with me and I was like, okay, wow, I’m an idiot. Seriously, making your own wings at home is SO SO easy. Of course, as long as you buy the the wings already broken down ;)
So now that I’ve gotten over my fear of making my own wings, I’ve been whipping them up all the time because they are my husband’s favorite game day snack and they are perfection for pizza nights at home! I made these honey chipotle wings last weekend and they were gone in minutes!
To make these, I simply just bake the wings onto a baking sheet tossed with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. The sauce just requires you to throw everything in the food processor and then brush it on the wings at the end! Bam, you are done! I love the spicy/sweet combo in this sauce. They have a little kick, but it’s not too much and you can always adjust it by adding more or less of the chipotle peppers or honey. I love these for game day because they are really simple and a definite crowd-pleaser!
- 12 chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/3 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (add less for less spiciness)
- 1/2 cup honey (can add more if desired)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with silicone baking mat.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake the wings for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked, flipping halfway through.
- While the wings are baking, add the chipotle peppers, one tablespoon of olive oil, honey, lime juice, and garlic powder to a food processor and blend until smooth. Feel free to adjust flavors by adding more chipotle pepper for more heat or more honey for a sweeter sauce.
- Once the wings are browned, brush some of the sauce over each of the wings. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with additional sauce, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or fresh lime wedges.
Serving Size:1 wing
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2.4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 191mg Carbohydrates: 8.4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7.8g