Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bread
One of my most favorite things about fall are all of the apples! Especially honeycrisp apples. I started seeing them in my local store a few weeks ago and bought a gazillion of them and have been eating them like crazy. And well, I actually bought a few too many and needed to do something with them before they went bad. Baking them up in a nice little treat was the obvious choice!
I love baking with apples. I love the way they make the house smell while baking. It makes me feel all cozy! So I threw them in this sweet, cinnamon-y quick bread and then added a little cream cheese swirl on top because can you ever go wrong with cream cheese? Didn’t think so! This bread is wholesome and perfectly sweet. I love the big chunks of apples hidden throughout and the cream cheese makes it seem more decadent, much like cheesecake! This bread would be a great treat to bake up for house guests during the holidays or to bring to someone as a little gift. A warm slice of this bread with a big mug of coffee or tea and some comfy clothes and I am in total heaven!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped apples, skin removed (I used honeycrisp)
For the cream cheese swirl:
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice, and the cloves.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs together. Stir in the vegetable oil, applesauce, vanilla, and the sugars. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the apples. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and set aside.
- For the cream cheese swirl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and the vanilla in a bowl. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the bread batter. Take a butter knife and swirl the cream cheese around into the bread.
- Bake the bread for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g