Pumpkin Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips and Caramel
My banana bread game has been pretty strong since we’ve all been mostly stuck at home. It’s the perfect little treat to have around without going totally overboard on sweetness. Of course, now that it’s my favorite time of year, I am totally in baking mode and pumpkin banana bread is one of the best treats! This version is made with cinnamon chips and caramel bits which take it to a whole new level!
I would say this recipe is definitely a more decadent banana bread. The caramel bits particularly make it much more dessert-y than plain banana breads. I honestly cut each regular slice in half since it’s a bit sweeter and is also a better serving size for my girls.
One heads up is that the cinnamon chips and caramel baking chips were not super easy for me to find in So Cal. My regular grocery store doesn’t carry either of them and my husband was so sweet to drive out to a Target further away from us to get them for me since the ones closest to us were also out. So, plan ahead and make sure you can find them first! I believe Walmart may also carry them.
I didn’t go too crazy with the spices in this recipe, so if you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, you can always add additional cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. If you want to make this and can’t find the cinnamon and caramel bits or prefer not to add them, you can also add in chopped pecans or walnuts, or even chocolate chips!
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 2/3 cup caramel baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oil and brown sugar. Mix in the beaten eggs, mashed banana, and pumpkin puree until well-combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the cinnamon chips and caramel bits. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake the bread for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g