Skinny Parmesan Dressing
My salad game has really been picking up lately. I can’t get enough and am back to mixing them up just about every day for lunch and loading them up with all sorts of veggies and fruits, meats, nuts, avocado, etc..Basically, anything I can find lying around the pantry or fridge!
I love experimenting with different dressings to help keep my salads interesting. It’s so easy just to throw things together in the food processor or blender and be done. I was recently thinking about how much I like the House Parmesan dressing from Carrabas and wanted to try to recreate my own lightened up version at home!
Instead of using a ton of mayo, this recipe also has protein-rich Greek yogurt and reduced fat mayo, low fat buttermilk, fresh garlic, freshly grated black pepper, and of course, Parmesan cheese!. It’s perfectly creamy and flavorful with a nice tang from the Greek yogurt and buttermilk. Aside from pouring it on my salads, it also makes a great dip for veggies!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayo
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/3 cup low fat buttermilk (depending on how thick you prefer your dressing to be; see note)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or a blender and process until well-combined. Store in the fridge and is best used within 2 weeks. If you do not own a processor, mince the garlic by hand and then stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
You can make your own low-fat buttermilk by adding 1-2 teaspoons of white vinegar or lemon juice to regular milk and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition (per 2 tablespoons): Calories: 55, Fat: 3.5g, Carbs: 3g; Sugars: 1.6g; Protein: 2.9g
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g