Chicken Caprese Pasta
Is there anything better than a caprese salad? I mean, really, is there? Fresh and ripe tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, and balsamic vinegar. Gah! It’s just dreamy and one of my most favorite warm-weather dishes to enjoy.
My friends at STAR Fine Foods recently me a bottle of their new Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Gold Edition to try. This balsamic vinegar is not your typical vinegar. The Modena Gold is aged in oak casks which results in a thicker vinegar with richer and more distinct flavor.
With the increasing temperatures, I knew I wanted to do something caprese so I made a quick and simple pasta dish! The Modena vinegar was be perfect for drizzling all over my pasta. I loved that it was a little thicker because it saved me the trouble of having to make a glaze. It also added such amazing flavor and was perfectly sweet and tangy and I kept finding myself drizzling more and more over my bowl!
This chicken caprese pasta might become a regular meal on my summer monthly recipe rotation. It comes together quickly if you use pre-cooked chicken (like rotisserie). It’s also just light and fresh and doesn’t weigh you down like other pasta dishes. And those bites of melty mozzarella? Heaven!
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup STAR Modena Gold Edition Balsamic Vinegar (can add more if desired)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for one minute. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking another 30 seconds. Add the cooked pasta and the chicken and stir to coat in the oil. Pour in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Let the pasta cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the diced mozzarella. Drizzle the vinegar on top or stir in with the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 27g
Disclaimer: I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. This post is sponsored by STAR. I was compensated for my time and work. However, all opinions of the product stated in this post are my own.