Fruit Salad with Citrus Poppy Dressing
Summer is almost here and that means it’s time for awesome summer parties and BBQ’s! For me, this also means a lot of potluck parties and fruit salad is always a smart dish to bring. There is nothing better than a big, bright bowl of fresh fruit in the heat of summer. It’s always a crowd-pleaser and is a smart party pick. This fruit salad with citrus poppy dressing is my new favorite!
For the fruits, I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, and watermelon. You can obviously change these up with other berries, pears, peaches, apples, bananas, whatever you want! My favorite is the mandarin oranges, don’t leave those out. The worst part of making a big fruit salad is all the peeling and slicing, but it’s so worth the effort! The dressing is just made with some lemon juice, orange juice, poppy seeds, and some honey. The dressing adds a bit of extra tang and flavor with a touch of sweetness from the honey.
I used some cute little food cutters for the watermelon which is a great touch for a party! No matter which fruits or how you cut them, you can’t go wrong with this summer dish!
- 3 cups sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3-4 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced and then quartered
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
1. Add all of the sliced fruits to a serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, poppy seeds, and honey until well-combined. Pour over the fruit and toss to coat. Serve.
Serving Size:approx. 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g