Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza
I don’t know why I don’t make more french bread pizza around here. We all love pizza in this house and using french bread makes it ridiculously easy! I love french bread pizzas for appetizers, lunch, or quick weeknight dinners. My husband always asks for me to make him “buffalo things” so I figured a quick buffalo chicken french bread pizza for lunch last weekend would be a nice treat for him!
I didn’t want to use straight buffalo sauce on this pizza as I thought it might be too much heat so I mixed it with some ranch dressing. The ranch really helps balance out some of the heat from the buffalo sauce and adds a bit of creaminess and tang. Because french bread pizza is all about shortcuts, I use rotisserie chicken, but any cooked chicken you prefer is just fine.
Oh, and I know a lot of people like blue cheese paired with buffalo chicken, but I have to admit that I’m not a big fan of blue cheese. I used mozzarella, but if you want to add some blue cheese in addition, I say go for it! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd.
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 loaf french bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- sliced green onion (optional)
- blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sliced french bread on a cookie sheet. In a bowl, stir together the ranch dressing and buffalo sauce. Spread about 3/4 cup of the mixture over the french bread. Add the shredded chicken to the remaining ranch and buffalo mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the french bread. Then spread the chicken mixture on top, followed by the rest of the mozzarella cheese and the cheddar cheese. Drizzle more buffalo sauce on top if desired. You can also add blue cheese if desired. Bake for 10 minutes. Switch the oven to broil and continue baking (watch carefully) for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with sliced green onion, slice, and serve.
Serving Size:1 slice (when cut into 6)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 837mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 24g