Fruit Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
Why must weekends be only two days? Weekends are not long enough. Saturdays are always spent running around, grocery shopping, and then Sundays are spent cooking and taking photos. I want a day of complete laziness!
Luckily many of the recipes I make are relatively easy because well, I just don’t have the time or energy for more difficult ones. This fruit salad is ridiculously easy, but it is so good, it might just be my new favorite thing. It’s getting to be so dang hot here, I have been craving lots of cold fruit and smoothies. I just couldn’t resist buying so much of it so I could make this salad! The honey lemon dressing is light, but gives the salad the perfect touch of sweetness!
You can use whatever fruits you want for this. I used strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, honey dew, grapes, and oranges. Pineapple or other berries would also be great! Live it up, go crazy!
- 4 cups chopped fruit of your choice
- 3 tbs. honey (or to taste; can also use agave nectar)
- juice of one lemon (can also use the zest if desired)
- Suggested fruits: strawberries, bananas, mango, pear, cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple, grapes, oranges, apples, etc.
- Combine all of the chopped fruit into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss to combine. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes and then serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 7gSugar: 49gProtein: 3g