Low-Fat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Oh, ranch dressing, how I love thee! Perfect for salad, dipping veggies, pizza crust. So good, you could bathe in it. Ok, wait…no, that’s gross. Maybe chocolate, but I’m not sure I love ranch dressing that much…
ANYWAY…As much as I love ranch dressing, I have found that I hate pretty much all bottled ranch dressings. I feel like I have tried every brand in existence and I just can’t find one that I like enough to finish or buy again. And don’t even get me started on low-fat ranch dressings. Most of them are just horrid and have a weird chemically taste to me. Blech!
If I would have known earlier that it was so easy to make my own ranch dressing AND that it would actually taste good, I would have saved myself a lot of money! And best of all, it’s also low in fat! This recipe makes a good amount of dressing too so you can keep a bottle stashed in your fridge to have your own low-fat buttermilk ranch dressing whenever you want!
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (see note)
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, dill, pepper, and the salt.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, followed by the buttermilk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g