Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
I hope all you moms had a great Mother’s Day yesterday! I had a very nice day with my two loves and Maddie got me flowers and framed a picture of herself for me and also gave me a photo album of her first 6 months. She’s so thoughtful like that!
I’m bringing you another overnight oats recipe today. After I made my Overnight Cinnamon Roll Oats last month, I have been on an overnight oatmeal kick ever since.
I started thinking about what dessert I would turn into overnight oats next and carrot cake came to mind! I love me a big ol’ slice of carrot cake complete with a ridiculous amount of cream cheese frosting, obvi. This recipe is pretty similar to the Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats with a few adjustments. And of course, if you are wanting to treat yourself, a dollop of cream cheese topping on top!
I wasn’t sure how grated carrots would really be in these oats at first, but it was all good! So you’ve got oats, Greek yogurt, and vegetables for breakfast. You’re welcome!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts
For the cream cheese topping: (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a jar or container, stir together the oats, milk, yogurt, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and the grated carrots until well-combined. Cover and chill overnight. Stir in the nuts right before eating. Stir in or top with optional cream cheese topping.
- To make the optional cream cheese topping, stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a fork until smooth. Spoon desired amount on top of oats. Or, you can also make the topping and stir it in with all of the other ingredients overnight. You can also mix up the topping the night before if you want to!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396 Total Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 375mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 19g Protein: 20g