Pesto Potato Noodles
My obsession with spiralizing ALL OF THE THINGS is getting pretty real around here. Can’t stop, won’t stop. I am totally on Team Spiralized at this point. It’s so easy and I have found that it truly is a wonderful substitute for pasta. And just as my obsession was growing, OXO sent me their new Spiralizer! Needless to say, I am in love with it. I only had their handheld one before so getting my hands on the full-duty spiralizer was a treat and obviously, so much easier and faster than handheld spiralizers.
There are so many things I love about this spiralizer! First, it comes with three different blades so you can make spaghetti, fettucine, or even ribbon noodles and it comes with a handy case for storage. I also love that the spiralizer has a suction cup built-in underneath so I can securely attach it my counter so it stays in place while in use. All of the pieces come apart too and can just be placed in the dishwasher when you are done so it’s super easy to clean up! I’m seriously in love with this thing and it couldn’t be easier to use!
I wanted to try a white potato noodle this time around. I’ve been experimenting with sweet potatoes, and of course, zucchini. This dish was really simple to make. I made a really quick homemade pesto in my food processor and then tossed it with these tender potato noodles along with some cherry tomatoes! I love this recipe as is, but you can easily add chicken or shrimp for protein and more veggies if desired!
For the pesto sauce:
- approx. 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
For the pesto potato noodles:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium russet potatoes, spiralized
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Make the pesto sauce. Add the basil, 1/3 cup olive oil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, and the Parmesan to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and set aside.
- Make the noodles. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the potato noodles, season with salt, and toss to coat in the oil. Cook the noodles for about 5 minutes until they start to turn lightly golden, tossing the noodles occasionally. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or until the potato noodles are tender. Add in the cherry tomatoes and saute for 1 minute. Then, stir in the pesto sauce until the noodles are well-coated in the sauce. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Full Disclosure: This post is sponsored by OXO. They sent me their spiralizer to use in a recipe for this post. However, all opinions of the product are my own.