One-Pot Lemon Chicken Pasta
I’ve been really obsessed with one-pot meals lately. It’s been cooler out and I’ve just been feeling a little lazy so I really love how easy one-pot pastas can be and it’s always an added bonus that cleanup is also much faster!
This lemon chicken pasta is light and flavorful. To make it, you just brown the chicken in the pot and then literally pour everything else in and it all cooks up rather quickly. I adore the lemon flavor in this dish. When it comes to pasta, I much prefer pastas that have lighter sauces and this pasta dish is perfect for spring! I added peas to mine, but you could also add spinach or kale if you want even more veggie goodness! Top this with a good handful of Parmesan cheese and pour yourself a big ol’ glass of wine and you’ve got the perfect, simple dinner!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- approx. 3/4 pound boneless chicken breast, trimmed and diced into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- fresh chopped parsley
- In a deep skillet or pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until lightly browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, zest, broth, and water. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cover. Let the pasta cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the frozen peas and cover once more. Let the pasta cook another 2-3 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is tender. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Top with more cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 424mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 37g