Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken
Have you guys tried sheet pan dinners yet? I’m pretty sure I’m only about 1,000 years late to the game, but I’m here and I’m totally on board. What’s not to love? You literally toss everything onto a sheet pan, bake, and your entire dinner is done. And the absolute best part of all is clean up is an absolute breeze!
I based this chicken recipe off of my Parmesan Baked Chicken, which is another favorite recipe of mine that I make pretty often. I added lemon zest, lemon juice, and some melted provolone which makes it even better than the original version!
To keeps things nice and light, you are going to add lots of broccoli and zucchini and you’ve got the best, EASY balanced dinner! If you don’t like broccoli and zucchini, you can change them up for other vegetables if desired. And while I initially made this as a dinner, it also is great for meal prepping for lunches. I made a pan on a Sunday, stored a piece of chicken along with some veggies in individual containers and brought them for lunch a few weeks ago.
Crispy Baked Lemon Chicken
This one pan meal is the perfect weeknight meal! Chicken is coated in panko, Parmesan cheese, and lemon and baked with fresh roasted veggies for one delicious dinner!
- 2 large chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced (set aside) and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside. In a shallow bowl or pie dish, mix together the panko, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, salt, lemon zest, and the garlic powder.
- One piece at a time, brush the chicken on one side with the butter. Place buttered side down into the bread crumb mixture. Brush more of the butter on the other side and flip to coat the other side with the mixture.
- Arrange the pieces of chicken on the baking sheet. Drizzle the lemon juice on top of each piece. Spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, add the broccoli and zucchini to a bowl. Mix in the olive oil and salt until the veggies are coated.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Gently flip the chicken over and arrange all of the veggies on the pan around the chicken. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden and the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the vegetables are tender.
- Switch oven to broil. Place a slice of provolone cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the vegetables and broil for about 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve.
Serving Size:1 piece of chicken plus 1 cup veggies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 797mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g