It’s almost the weekend and what better way to end the week than with a good cocktail recipe?! I love sangria. I mean, if you guys know me but at all, you probably already know this.
You just need three ingredients for the sangria: wine (duh), sparkling apple cider, and some brandy. You can use regular apple cider, but I personally prefer the fizz that the sparkling cider adds.
For the fruit, I like to add diced apples, pomegranate seeds, and thinly sliced oranges. A cinnamon stick for the final garnish just adds that last touch of warm coziness! To kick it up a notch, you can also do a cinnamon sugar rim on your glasses. If you want to add a touch of green, you can use some green apples along with the red (leave the skin on), or a sprig of rosemary. Cranberries would also work well.
This is the perfect party punch that you can easily double or triple in a big punch bowl or pitcher for your upcoming holiday parties!
- 1 (750ml) bottle fruity white wine (I like Sauv Blanc), chilled
- 1 (750ml) bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- sliced oranges, pomegranate seeds, diced apple, cinnamon sticks
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, apple cider, brandy and orange juice. Stir in the diced apples, oranges, and pomegranate seeds.
- Chill for up to two hours in the fridge. Pour into glasses and garnish with a stick of cinnamon.
Be careful not to let the oranges sit for too long in the sangria. Citrus fruits do not do well sitting in the wine for extended periods of time as the rind can break down and produce a bitter taste! If you want to make it in advance, throw the orange in closer to when you want to serve the sangria.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g