You guys. It’s cocktail time. It’s been so long. I haven’t posted a cocktail recipe since before I was pregnant. So yes, I’m super excited about this! Not that I am a big drinker or anything, but I have seriously missed being able to have a glass of wine! And what better way to get back to making drink recipes than with one of my favorite drinks, sangria! You need this recipe before Christmas and New Years! Make a double or triple batch and serve it in a nice punch bowl or in one of those fancy schmancy drink dispensers.
Sangria is so versatile. There are so many possibilities with the type of wine, fruits, juices, and other liqueurs that you can use. I love experimenting! If any of you ever want to have a sangria party, I’m totally down.
This cranberry sangria is the perfect cocktail for the fall and holiday season. Obviously, being cranberry sangria, it’s made with cranberries and cranberry juice, but it also has diced apples and a hint of orange thanks to the triple sec and orange juice. You can add some cinnamon or a cinnamon stick for garnish if you want it to have that spiced holiday flavor.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (I like to use a zin)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice (or apple juice)
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (can also use thawed frozen if needed
- 1-2 medium apples, cored and diced into bite-size pieces
- other fruits to add (optional): sliced limes and/or diced orange slices
- Add the cranberries and apples to a pitcher. Then pour in the wine, juices, and the triple sec. Stir together. Chill for about 2 hours before serving.