Cherry Vodka Spritzer
Can I just say how glad I am that it is Friday?! It’s been a busy week in the lab and I can’t wait to sleep in this weekend! I think I am in need of a major happy hour. What better recipe to post on a Friday than a perfect cherry vodka spritzer? This was the third recipe me and the girls made last weekend for the 10lb. Cherry Challenge with Northwest Cherries and OXO!
I’m a big fan of spritzers. I love the fizz that the club soda adds. This spritzer is so good, I might drink the entire pitcher myself. And then I would probably regret it immediately because I’m basically an old lady and after one drink, I want to take a nap…
For the cherry syrup:
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
For the spritzer:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vodka
- 1 lemon (or lime), juiced
- cherry simple simple syrup to taste
- 5-6 cups clubs soda
- cherries and lemon slices for garnish
For the cherry syrup:
- Stir together the water and sugar in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Stir in the cherries. Let simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a food processor or a blender (with the top cap on the lid removed to let heat escape and cover with a kitchen towel) and blend until smooth. Let cool completely.
For the vodka spritzer:
- In a large pitcher, stir together the vodka and lemon juice.
- Then stir in about 3/4 cup of the cherry syrup and the club soda. Feel free to add more or less of the cherry syrup and/or club soda. You can also adjust the amount of the vodka if you wanted to!
If you want to make this virgin, add more club soda. You could also add more lemon juice and make cherry lemonade!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
Stay tuned for the 10lb. Cherry Challenge on OXO’s Facebook page this Sunday. I hope you’ll vote for me! :)
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the 10lb. Cherry Challenge with OXO and Northwest Cherries. Northwest Cherries sent me the cherries and OXO sent some baking supplies to help with the challenge. As always, all opinions are my own.
I also want to give a big shout out to my awesome coworkers Julie, Leigh, Sarah, and Angela who came over and helped me use up all of those cherries!