I’m not sure what it is about bruschetta, but it’s truly one of my favorite things ever. All that fresh tomato loaded with garlic and fresh basil, it’s light and so flavorful! And then served over crusty bread? Yeah, I’m in heaven. I could make a meal out of bruschetta! But, today I’ve made bruschetta burgers!
I think these are the ultimate summer burger. I mean, you get to grill some burgers and then top them with a pile of light and fresh bruschetta. So summery, right?! I topped my burgers with some mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to finish them off. And as much as I love a nice hamburger bun, I would happily eat the burger and bruschetta topping without the bun too so this is a great low-carb burger option too!
For the burgers:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
For the bruschetta topping:
- 2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and the garlic. Divide the mixture into 4 patties and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the diced tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat, add the burgers to the grill or pan and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 (you can adjust the time on each side depending on how you prefer your burgers to be cooked). Add sliced mozzarella to the top of each burger. Remove from the heat and cover the burgers with a lid until the cheese melts.
- Transfer the burgers to the buns. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the bruschetta topping on top of each burger. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar if desired. Serve.