Chili Lime Chicken Burgers
We like to grill burgers on Saturday nights when it starts to get hot outside. It’s an easy dinner to make, but we don’t usually experiment too much with the flavors and toppings and I’ve been wanting to spice up our burger game a bit.
I actually saw a frozen version of these burgers at TJ’s last month and thought they sounded yummy, but decided after looking at the simple ingredient list, I could just make them myself. These Chili Lime Chicken Burgers are my new favorite burgers. They are fresh and packed with flavor thanks to fresh lime juice, red pepper, green onion, and spices! I ate mine with a bun, but honestly, they are flavorful enough to where you don’t even need the bun if you are trying to watch your carbs. I could eat this burger cut up on a salad or plain with veggies on the side. Cheese, as wonderful as it is, is also not necessary here as the burger can carry itself on its own, but you could certainly add it if you want!
Topping-wise, we weren’t sure what toppings would be best here but given the flavor profile, I recommend sliced avocado, pepper jack cheese, or maybe some mayo. We had these burgers two weeks in a row and I think they will become a regular in our summer burger rotation!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast (can also use ground turkey)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (can use less if desired)
- cooking spray
- buns, cheese, desired burger toppings (all optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients through the red pepper flakes. Using clean hands, mix together until well-combined. Divide the meat mixture into 4 evenly sized patties and set aside.
- Heat grill pan or grill over medium heat. Spray grill (pan) with cooking spray. Place the burgers onto the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes, flip and continue cooking another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughly. Add cheese (if using) and remove from the grill and cover to allow the cheese to melt. Serve on buns and with toppings of your choice.