Chicken, Peach, and Arugula Quesadillas
I’ve been obsessed with peaches lately. I can smell them the second I enter the produce section and they are just irresistible to me! Fresh, ripe fruit is just heavenly this time of year and I decided to experiment with peaches in this quesadilla!
I seriously get quesadilla cravings sometimes. I am just obsessed with a crispy tortilla stuffed with melted cheese and other delicious fillings! This Chicken, Peach, and Arugula Quesadilla is so delicious for summer as it’s not too heavy.
I thought this flavor combo could be weird, but I am so glad I was wrong because it’s SO good! The sweet peaches pair so well with the spicy pepper jack cheese, the arugula, and tender chicken! You can also use jack cheese if you want to give this to the kiddos. My other favorite thing about this quesadilla is the honey lime drizzle! It adds the perfect bite of sweetness that compliments the sweetness of the peaches and tangy arugula.This quesadilla is light and so flavorful and the best way to up your quesadilla game!
- 4 small flour tortillas (6-inch)
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Spray one side of a tortilla with cooking spray and place sprayed-side down on a fry pan over medium low heat. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the pepper jack cheese on the tortilla. Then, arrange 2/3 cup of the shredded chicken, about 1/2 of the sliced peach, and half the arugula. Sprinkle another 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese on top. Spray one side of another tortilla with cooking spray and place spraye-side up on top.
- Use a spatula to press down on the quesadilla. Cook for about 1-2 minutes and then carefully flip over. Cook the other side for another 3 minutes or so until golden. Flip back over to other side if necessary. Remove from the heat and slice. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir together the honey and lime juice. Drizzle over the quesadillas.
Serving Size:1 quesadilla (with about 1 1/2 tablespoons honey dressing)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 31g