• microsoft windows 8.1 pro 64-bit adobe pagemaker 7
  • autodesk autocad architecture 2014 64-bit serial number canvas with gis module order infinite skills - solidworks 2012 advanced

Pink Power Smoothie

Pink Power Smoothie

Happy New Year! Can you believe that it’s already 2014?

I’ve got a healthy smoothie recipe for you today because I know many of you have made a resolution to be healthier in the new year or at the very least, you want to do a little holiday detox.

This vibrant pink smoothie is the perfect way to kick off the year! I have told you this before I think, but I have a really hard time with green juices or smoothies. I feel like I have tried them all and they just don’t do it for me. Though I like eating veggies, I have a hard time drinking them so most green smoothies and juices make me gag. Most smoothies I make just contain berries and yogurt, maybe a handful of spinach. Kind of boring.

Pink Power Smoothie

When I spotted this smoothie, I knew I wanted to make it immediately because 1. the color. It’s hot pink! and 2. it wasn’t a green drink. This smoothie has beets (which is obviously where the gorgeous color comes from!), celery, and avocado which were firsts for me to add to a smoothie and they totally work! The smoothie also has strawberries and apple to add a fruity and sweeter taste to the smoothie. This pink smoothie contains so many great nutrients, healthy fats, vitamins, and antioxidants!

Pink Power Smoothie

Pink Power Smoothie

Yield: 1 large smoothie

• 1 medium beet, peeled, steamed, and roughly chopped
    • 1/2 avocado,  pitted
    • 1 cup strawberries (frozen are better)
    • 1 lemon, juiced
    • 2 celery stalks, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
    • 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced (optional)
    • 1 cup coconut water or regular water
    • 1 cup ice
    • honey or agave nectar to sweeten (optional)

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Recipe from Oh She Glows

Pink Power Smoothie

22 Responses to “Pink Power Smoothie”

Emily @ Life on Food — January 1, 2014 at 7:04 am

I do love the color. I haven’t had a smoothie with coconut oil or celery. Since I have a smoothie every morning this one will be easy to fit in.

Ramona — January 1, 2014 at 7:59 am

Happy New Year!! What a brilliant color to start the day with… and all the healthy ingredients to boot. I need to be on this eat healthy bandwagon and I will definitely enjoy this smoothie.

Tess @ Tips on Healthy Living — January 2, 2014 at 4:25 pm

You’re right, it seems all the detox smoothies are green. This is a nice break– and it looks so much more delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Rebekah — January 3, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Has anyone tried this smoothie?

sally @ sallys baking addiction — January 4, 2014 at 8:49 am

Ok Stephanie, I have to make this smoothie for the color alone. Not to mention all of those amazingly good-for-you ingredients!

leslie — January 6, 2014 at 10:31 pm

What a pretty vibrant color!!!!! I would gulp this down in 2 seconds flat

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — January 7, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Um, I’m kind of in AWE at how bright and delicious this incredible smoothie is! I can’t believe avocado and celery are in there — look at that color! Amazing.

Emily Smith // The Best of this Life — January 8, 2014 at 6:51 pm

gorgeous smoothie! love the ingredients :)

Charissa — January 25, 2014 at 3:41 am

I made this this morning. I didn’t have celery and I substituted pomegranate for the strawberries. It’s really tasty. You can clearly taste the beets but that doesn’t bother me. It’s tasty and healthy. Good smoothie!

• Stephanie replied: — January 26th, 2014 @ 6:16 pm

Thanks, Charissa! Pomegranate is a great idea. You can taste the beets in this one, but you might find the flavor not as strong using strawberries.

Denisse @ Le Petit Chef — February 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Wow this smoothie looks so vibrant and pretty, I can’t wait to try it!

Louisa — February 20, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Stunningly gorgeous. And deceptively healthy. I’m excited to try this out!

• Stephanie replied: — February 21st, 2014 @ 12:37 pm

Thanks so much, Louisa!

smoothie queen — August 11, 2015 at 12:48 pm

this smoothie is decadent and delicious. I made it and my grandson drank more than half of it. I had to make annother he helped me finish that one off too.

1. Pingback: Amazing Smoothie Recipes to Start Your Day With - Un - ComplicateUn – Complicate

2. Pingback: Coconut Almond Smoothie » Eat. Drink. Love.

3. Pingback: Smooth Fruits and Veggies | Event Lucky