I know what some of you are thinking. You’re thinking that this sounds disgusting. You are a candy corn hater.
I am not a candy corn hater, thus, this drink is delicious. I fear I am going to need a candy corn intervention soon. I might even turn into a piece of candy corn.
I think people either love it or hate it. If you hated it, you cringed every time someone put bags of candy corn in your trick-or-treating bag and then after you were done, you did everything in your power to trade your candy corn full-size Snickers bars.
Whatevs, I’ll take your candy corn, but I won’t give you my Snickers bars either. I’m greedy like that. Sorry.
So this drink…you start out by infusing vodka with candy corn for a few hours. It turns bright orange and gets all nice and sweet. Throw a few more ingredients into the martini shaker, toss some more candy corn in a glass and it’s time to get your candy corn on! This drink is a must for your Halloween parties!
- 1 cup plain or vanilla vodka
- 1/3 cup candy corn
- 3 ounces candy corn vodka
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces ginger ale
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- extra candy corn for garnish
- To make the candy corn vodka, pour the vodka into a glass measuring cup. Add in the candy corn. Refrigerate the vodka for 3 hours.
- Remove the vodka from the fridge, pour through a strainer and discard the solids.
- Add a handful of ice into a martini shaker. Add the vodka, juice, ginger ale, and schnapps. Cover and shake well. Pour into two martini glasses. Add more candy corn in the bottom of each glass for garnish.
The infused vodka is enough for more than two drinks. If you are planning to serve this drink for a party, you can easily make larger batches if necessary.
Are you a candy corn lover or hater?