Mocha Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
These brownies. I die. They are my dream come true.
I’m a big fan of adding espresso or coffee to my brownie recipes because it helps bring out the rich, chocolately flavor. When my most favorite coffee company, Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen asked if I could mix up something special using their Pumpkin Spice Coffee, I was like, “Heck yeah!”. It’s fall, it’s pumpkin season, hence these amazing mocha pumpkin cheesecake brownies. You know I love a good brownie!
They are fudgey (always how I prefer my brownies!) and the pumpkin cheesecake topping is perfection. I also love how I could still taste the coffee in these brownies. I could hardly wait to cut into these when they came out of the oven. They were great fresh out of the oven, however, when I had one the next day, I loved them even more. I could really taste the pumpkin the second day so I recommend making these the night before you plan to serve them!
For the brownie layer:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed Barnie’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
For the cheesecake layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Over a double boiler (I place a large glass bowl over a pot with boiling water), melt the butter. Once melted, add in the chocolate and stir until it is completely melted. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, coffee, and vanilla to the chocolate and stir. Pour in the sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Then add in the flour and stir until just-combined. Set aside about 3/4 cup of the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter into the baking dish and spread so it is in an even layer. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, Add the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and the egg. Beat together until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter and spread so that is is also in an even layer. Then take the extra brownie batter and pour in sections over the cream cheese mixture. Use a butter knife to swirl the brownie batter in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the brownies are set and cooked. Let cool completely and slice.
Disclosure: Barnie’s CoffeeKitchen sent me bags of their Pumpkin Spice Coffee to try and to create this recipe. I was not compensated for this post and as always, all opinions are my own. I just really love Barnie”s!