Oh Lordy, these nachos. They are all kinds of amazing.
Although I love nachos covered in melty gooey cheese, that requires turning on my oven which I don’t want to do any more than I have to these days. These Greek nachos don’t require any baking and instead of being topped with tons of cheese and other more fattening ingredients, this Greek version is topped with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and of course, tzatziki! I want to put tzatziki on all the things!
I love the combo of the crispy pita chips with the cool cucumber and other veggies. It’s almost like eating a salad on top of pita chips. This means you can stuff yourself silly with these and you don’t have to feel all guilty and stuff. Sounds pretty good, right? I thought so.
- 1 cup plain, strained Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups pita chips
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- sliced green onion (for garnish, optional)
- tzatziki sauce
- Add all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large shallow bowl, a dish, or a basket lined with parchment paper (as pictured), arrange the pita chips into the bowl (or whatever you are using to serve the nachos in). Arrange the diced cucumbers, onion, olives, tomato, and the feta cheese on top of the chips.
- Drizzle some of the tzatziki on top (use as much or as little as you'd like), Garnish with sliced green onion if desired).