Greek Pastry Bites
This weekend was pretty productive for us for getting things ready for baby. We ordered the crib and glider and bought the mattress too. Then we braved IKEA and bought and put together her dresser. Well, actually, my husband put together the dresser. I was of no help. Instead of helping, I stayed downstairs and cooked and photographed recipes. I have learned that when there is furniture to be assembled, I should stay as far away as possible! It’s so weird finally starting to get things together for this baby. It certainly makes it all feel more real and is also reminder that Baby Girl will be here before we know it!
I’ve been craving Greek food lately, but especially salads. They are nice and light and flavorful! So instead of just a boring salad, I made these cute little pastry bites instead. I used frozen mini pastry shells from the freezer section and then filled them with a mixture of diced tomatoes, cucumber, tomatoes, kalamta olives, and feta cheese tossed in a lemon vinaigrette!
These pastry bites are perfect for a light appetizer for a party or even a shower. I love the crunch of the pastry shell with the light and lemony veggies and then you also get that bite of saltiness from the feta cheese and the olives. So yummy!
- 15 mini pastry shells, thawed
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup diced kalamata olives (or black olives if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange thawed pastry shells on a plate or serving platter. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and the feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, and the salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetable mixture. Stir to combine. Fill each pastry shell with a scoop of the mixture. Serve.
Serving Size:1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g