Greek Salad Grilled Pizza
I have a new favorite pizza. If I could, I would change my facebook status to say that I am in a relationship with this pizza (sorry husband), that’s how much I love this pizza.
It’s been in high 80’s here in sunny Florida. Spring has arrived. And while I despise the hot weather (mostly because of the humidity that comes with it here), I have been craving fruits, vegetables, and salads like it’s nobody’s business. We like to make homemade pizzas on the the weekend. I wanted some pizza, but I also wanted a big salad. I love to have salads with pizza. I love to dip the crust in dressing and I always find myself putting my salad on my pizza. So why not just make a salad pizza?! This Greek salad grilled pizza was the perfect choice. It has a nice thin, crispy crust and it’s piled high with a simple, but delicious, Greek salad! The vinaigrette is light, but adds great flavor to the salad. It just screams spring and summer!
For the pizza:
- 1/2 lb. fresh pizza dough
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh arugula (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbs. chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium heat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough until it is about 1/4″ thick. Brush half of the olive oil on one side of the dough and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the oiled side down on the heated grill/pan and grill for about 3-4 minutes until lightly browned. While the first side is face down on the grill. Brush the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with more salt and pepper on the other side. Turn the dough over and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Remove the dough off the grill/pan. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top. It will melt as the dough is still warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Spread the arugula, tomatoes, red onion, olives, and feta evenly over the pizza. Drizzle as much of the vinaigrette as you desire over the pizza.
You can also mix all of the salad ingredients in a separate bowl and mix with the dressing and then you can add it to the pizza. Whatever works best for you! If you use an outdoor grill for your pizza dough, be careful! I recommend only lighting half the grill and cooking the dough on the side that is not lit to avoid burning. You may also want to flip your dough more frequently. If you don’t want to make your own dressing, you can also use your favorite Greek-style dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 747mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Like this pizza? Then you must try my Cobb Salad Pizza!