Skinny Coffee Cake
Happy Friday, Everyone! It’s Friday. You deserve cake. A big ol’ slice of moist and cinnamon-y coffee cake!
Today I have made you skinny coffee cake! The typical slice of coffee cake can cost you anywhere from 400-500 calories and over 20 grams of fat! My skinny version contains just 225 calories and 7.9 grams of fat for a pretty generously-sized slice! The cake is so moist and I’m madly in love with that cinnamon sugar swirl!
For the cake:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup non-fat buttermilk
For the filling:
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a bundt pan or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs, yogurt, and the sour cream until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cake flour, salt, and baking powder. Adding a little bit at a time, mix in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in the buttermilk. Be careful not to overmix.
- To prepare the filling, stir in the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar in with the melted butter. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Pour about half of the cake batter into the bundt pan. Take the filling and spread it evenly around the bundt pan and in the middle of the batter. Take the remaining batter and spread over the filling. Using a knife, swirl the filling in with the cake, going around the pan about three times.
- Bake the cake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow for the cake to cool completely before removing the cake from the pan. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar or top with a glaze (it’s your choice!).
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 8g