Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
We love testing out new muffin recipes in this house. My very picky toddler loves my pumpkin banana muffins and my chocolate zucchini muffins and so I always try to keep a batch in the freezer to heat up when she wants a snack. She also loves peanut butter so I decided to try a peanut butter and banana muffin. Elvis totally knew what’s up because I’m all about the peanut butter and banana combo. For life!
These muffins are super moist (I know, worst word ever, but it’s really the best way to describe them)! They are full of banana and peanut butter flavors. And of course, I had to add some chocolate chips. They are optional if you are really trying to watch your sugars, but obviously, highly recommended! You can also add in chopped nuts if desired or leave the muffins plain.
I also highly recommend warming them for a few seconds in the microwave before eating. It makes the flavors stand out even more. It’s so comforting to enjoy a warm muffin on a cold morning with a cup of tea or coffee. These muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast or a snack and with the chocolate chips, can also satisfy your sweet tooth without all the guilt!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners or lightly spray with non-stick spray and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, vegetable oil, yogurt, mashed banana, vanilla, and the egg. Stir in the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and the salt. Fold in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until just combined. If using, then fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter evenly amongst each cavity. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297 Total Fat: 17g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 12g Protein: 7g