Peanut Chicken and Veggie Quinoa Stir-Fry
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Libby’s®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Winter break is over and it’s back to the grind of busy days at work and trying to get dinner on the table in a timely manner before bedtime! And as always during this time of year, I’m in serious holiday detox mode. I want nothing but veggies lately and a quick stir-fry is the perfect way to pack them in!
My friends at Libby’s® recently sent me some of their new Vegetable Pouches to try out in a recipe and the timing couldn’t be more perfect! They sent me pouches of Sweet Peas, Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Mixed Vegetables. I’m really loving them because they are microwavable and cook in less than 60 seconds, are grown and packed in the US, and are also shelf stable!
The other thing I love about Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches is how fresh the vegetables taste. The corn still had that fresh crispy texture like it came right off the cob! These pouches are the perfect way to easily incorporate fresh vegetables into family meals.
I decided to make a big stir-fry loaded with vegetables, chicken, and a quick homemade peanut sauce. This meal comes together in 30 minutes or less. You can prepare the quinoa in advance to save time if needed. For the chicken, I like to use rotisserie chicken or you can also use any leftover cooked chicken that you may want to use up! This stir-fry is packed with flavor and I love the slight crunch from the corn and chopped peanuts. If quinoa isn’t your thing, feel free to use white or brown rice instead.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pouch Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 pouch Libby’s® Sweet Peas, drained
- 1 pouch Libby’s® Sliced Carrots, drained
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken (I used rotisserie)
- salt to taste
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, water, and the garlic. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in all of the vegetables and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken and cooked quinoa. Pour in the peanut sauce and stir until the veggies and quinoa are well-coated in the sauce. Season with salt to taste. Let the stir-fry cook for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483