Peanut Butter Banana Snack Bars
Happy Friday! Today we interrupt all of the fall goodies for something not-so-fallish! If you like peanut butter and banana, this is the recipe for you!
See, I made these Peanut Butter Banana Snack Bars and they are everything. They are moist and perfectly peanut-buttery. Yes, I’m making a lot of words up in this post today! And the best news is that they are not that terrible for you either! I used a combo of whole wheat flour and AP flour and also threw in some oats for good measure, and used less sugar. I also opted for coconut oil over butter and also mixed in protein-packed Greek yogurt! You can slice these up for breakfast-on-the-go or for snacks. Adults like them and kids too!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (can also use vegetable oil)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can also do half whole wheat flour/half AP flour)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, and the egg. Stir in the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and the salt. Fold in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until just combined. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serving Size:1 bar (when cut into 16)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g