Creamy Garlic Noodles
The side dish struggle is always real in this house, especially when the end of the week rolls around and my fridge and pantry start to empty out a bit. A couple of years ago I was grilling some chicken and needed a side dish and just happened to only have some egg noodles and a few other ingredients on hand. I was pleasantly surprised that these Creamy Garlic Noodles were actually pretty tasty and now they are one of my go-to side dishes!
What’s not to love about noodles tossed in a light creamy and garlicky sauce? You’d have to be crazy not to!
These noodles are almost embarrassingly easy. I like using egg noodles for this recipe because they are nice and fluffy. The sauce is literally just light sour cream, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. When you mix that all in with warm noodles, it gets nice and melted and coats the noodles. You can always add more or less of the sour cream or Parmesan if desired. After that, it’s just a pinch of salt and pepper and you are ready to go!
These noodles are really versatile too, they pair well with chicken, fish, you name it! This is kind of one of those side dishes I make when I’m running a bit low on ingredients as I almost always have these simple ingredients in my kitchen, but fresh herbs like parsley or chives would be really yummy to add in. Veggies like peas would also be fabulous! These noodles are the perfect blank canvas for any dinner!
- 10 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a pot with water and prepare egg noodles according to package directions until cooked. Drain the noodles.
- While the pasta is cooking, stir together the sour cream, garlic powder, and the Parmesan cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the noodles are drained, add the butter to the noodles and stir until melted. Then stir in the sour cream mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g