I was going to give you guys a tomato sauce recipe today, but since it was my birthday this week and you guys had to put up with the site crashing, I think I am going to give you something a little more exciting.
And what could possibly be better than Tiramisu brownies? Pretty much nothing. We had another pot luck in my office which was an Italian theme. I bookmarked these brownies a while ago and thought they would be the perfect dessert to bring to a party! Besides creme brulee, Tiramisu is my favorite dessert. It’s creamy, chocolatey, and those ladyfingers soaked in coffee (or rum) are just so perfect!
So after a long day at work, I came home and got to work on the brownies. I was exhausted, but I kept on as I didn’t have time the day of the party to make them. The brownie layer? Easy. The lady finger layer? Easy. The mascarpone topping? Also easy…except for when you are totally exhausted and don’t read the directions right and end up pouring way too much brownie batter on top when you are just supposed to use a little. Fail. So my layers are nearly as neat and pretty as Jamie’s, but regardless, these brownies are incredible! And just a quick side note, yes, you are going to need 12 eggs to make these. Yes, it’s a lot. Ok, back to my slopiness, I actually liked how my mascarpone topping wasn’t perfect because it was my favorite part about these brownies so I liked getting bigger bites of it sometimes. Really, you can’t go wrong with these!
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup cake flour
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 package soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth and let cool for a few minutes. Line a 9"x13" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate to a mixing bowl, beat in the butter and then the sugar, 4 eggs, and 4 egg whites. Add in the flour and continue mixing on low speed until just combined. Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish, but reserve about 1 cup of the batter for later.
- Layer the ladyfingers upside down on top of the brownie batter, slightly pushing down to keep in place. Using a pastry brush, brush the coffee over the ladyfingers until they are saturated (I went around about 4 times as I really wanted to taste the coffee flavor).
- In another bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, sugar, 4 egg whites, and the vanilla extract. Gently spread the mixture over the ladyfingers.Take a spoonfuls of the brownie batter and place on top of the creamy filling. Use a sharp knife or toothpick to swirl it around.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe from My Baking Addiction
After these were done baking, I felt like the ladyfingers dried out quite a bit and I wasn't getting enough of the coffee flavor that I wanted, so I actually brushed more of the coffee onto the ladyfingers after I cut the brownies into squares (I just brushed the sides). You do not have to do this if you don't want to, but if you want more coffee flavor, you may want to do the same.