It’s Friday, friends! It’s the perfect day to whip up some delicious brownies for the weekend and today I’ve got a seriously rich and fudgy gluten-free brownie recipe for you! While we are not gluten-free in my house, my younger brother is allergic to wheat. While my family was visiting us last month, my mom and I got a serious chocolate craving. My mom said she had a great gluten-free brownie recipe that she had been making at home and I was down to try a new recipe that we could all enjoy.
I have done some baking with oat flour and have always been pleased with how it turns out in recipes. These brownies are no exception! They are everything a brownie should be – chocolatey and fudgy. You truly won’t even notice that they don’t contain any wheat. We actually made them twice during their visit. One thing to note is to make sure your oat flour is fully ground. The first time, I made the flour myself using oats and didn’t do the most perfect job grinding it fully and it can impact the texture of the brownie.
Aside from the oat flour, the steps in this recipe are not typically how I make brownies, but trust me when I say it all works out! I’d happily eat these gluten-free brownies and they are most certainly comparable to traditional brownie recipes!
- 1/2 cup oat flour (make sure oats are GF)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and the salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Add in the brown sugar and stir until well-combined. Then, stir in the cocoa powder. Pour in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla. Finally, add in the eggs and stir until just combined (mixture will be thick). Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Chill for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g