Mini Tiramisu Trifles
If you asked me what my top 3 most favorite desserts of all-time are, I would tell you the following: Creme brulee, chocolate cake, and tiramisu. Tiramisu might just my favorite of the three.
I adore the flavors of tiramisu. The coffee-soaked lady fingers layered between a whipped cream and marscapone mixture. It’s just heaven in a dessert!
I mixed up these fun little mini tiramisu trifles a few weeks ago and I’m in love! These are so easy to make and great for parties or showers where you might be down for making individualized treats! Everything is better in mini form.
These trifles are pretty simple to make and can also be made ahead of time if desired. I made these the night before I wanted to serve them and they were perfect!
A quick note on the ladyfingers – if you’ve never bought them before, you can typically find them prepackaged in your grocery store’s bakery section. I like to use the softer, more cake-like ladyfingers as I feel like they soak up the coffee better. You may be able to find more firm ladyfingers in the regular cookie aisle, but I recommend looking for the softer ones first.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coffee ladyfinger layer:
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee (see note)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- approx. 30-35 ladyfingers (see note)
- Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat the cream on medium high speed until soft peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Beat in the powdered sugar until well-combined. Set aside about 1/2-2/3 cup of the whipped cream for later. Fold or gently beat in the mascarpone cheese to whipped cream in the bowl. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the ladyfinger cookies and add them to a another mixing bowl. Stir the coffee and sugar together and pour over the bowl with the ladyfingers. Stir until the ladyfingers are all covered in the coffee (can use more if needed; my ladyfingers ended up kind of crumbling which works well for the trifles!).
- To make the trifles, prepare 6 dessert glasses. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the whipped cream and mascarpone mixture to the bottom of the glass, followed by 2 tablespoons of the ladyfinger mixture. Add another layer of the whipped cream layer, ladyfinger layer, and one more of the whipped cream layer. Repeat with remaining dessert glasses.
- Place the trifles into a large container and cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Divide the remaining whipped cream on top of each trifle. Dust with cocoa powder. Serve.
I used 6-ounce dessert glasses for these and got 6 mini trifles. If you use bigger glasses/dishes, you may get less and vice versa if you use smaller serving bowls.
You can also use instant espresso powder for this recipe if you don't have a coffee maker. Just heat 1 cup of water and stir in about 2 tablespoons espresso powder.
I like to use the softer ladyfingers you can usually find in the bakery section of most grocery stores. You can use harder ones, but may want to mix up extra coffee so that the ladyfingers get soft enough.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 27gCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g
When divided into 6 servings