I can’t go grocery shopping during the month of December without the girls finding all of the holiday baking supplies, sprinkles, and candy. Then they beg me repeatedly to get baking supplies. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a brownie and decided we needed to bake some brownies, but not just any plain brownie – Reindeer Brownies!
This one of those recipes where you can make it from scratch if preferred or you can you can whip out your favorite box mix (I’m looking at you, Ghirardelli!). Same goes for the frosting. If you have a chocolate frosting you love, make it! Or you can use your favorite canned frosting. There’s no right way just as long as you start off with an 8×8 prepared pan of frosted brownies!
Once the brownies are completely cooled and then frosted, I like to stick them in the fridge for an hour or so. It helps the brownie stay together better for slicing. It’s a bit awkward, but I chose to slice mine into 8 triangles. I ended up with some scraps from around the sides. Obviously, you should 100% eat the scraps. I’m just saying.
Please note that depending on how you slice these, you can get 6-8 reindeer triangles with an 8×8 baking dish. If you are making these for a party or need more, I’d plan to make a recipe in a 9×13 baking dish. You can also skip the triangle shape and just cut them into little rectangles if that is easier.
After you’ve sliced them up, take some mini pretzels and break them in half to create antlers, stick them on the top of the reindeer’s head. Add two candy eyes and an M&M nose! I went with Rudolph for these brownies, but you can use a combo of red, brown, and green M&M noses!
These are simple enough to decorate with the kiddos making them the perfect little holiday treat!
- 1 batch prepared brownies in an 8x8 pan (boxed or homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate frosting (canned or homemade)
- 8 red M&Ms
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 16 candy eyes
- Allow for prepared brownies to cool completely (at least 2 hours). Frost with chocolate frosting. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (this makes the brownies easier to slice neatly).
- Slice the brownies into about 8 triangles (or rectangles). Discard any scraps (who are we kidding?! EAT the scraps!).
- Break the pretzels in half to create antlers as pictured. Carefully stick two antlers on the top of each triangle. Place the candy eyes and a red M&M for the nose. Serve! Store leftover brownies in a container in the fridge.
Serving Size:1 reindeer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 505Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 3gSugar: 54gProtein: 6g
Exact nutrition may vary depending on exact brownie recipe and frosting used.