So I just realized like yesterday that Cinco de Mayo is coming up. You guys know how much I love Mexican food so any holiday that will allow for me to eat copious amounts of guacamole and drink a bunch of fruity margaritas is fine by me!
These skinny strawberry margaritas are inspired by my skinny raspberry margaritas. Margaritas are one of my favorite drinks, but the amount of sugar most restaurants put in them is just horrifying. I often feel like I am just drinking pure sugar more than anything else.
It takes a little more work to strain the seeds or you can choose to leave them in if you don’t mind them! This margarita comes in at about 190 calories. I sweetened it with agave nectar, but you could also use sugar if desired. I also lightly rimmed my glasses with some raw sugar.
- 4 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
- 4 oz. silver tequila
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 oz. club soda
- 1 tbs. agave nectar (or to taste)
- Splash raspberry liquor and/or Triple sec (optional)
- raw sugar, granulated sugar, or salt (for the rim, optional)
- Add the raspberries to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Pour the puree into the strainer to remove the seeds.
- Add the remaining ingredients plus the strained raspberry puree into a pitcher. Stir to combine. Serve over ice.