You know what would be wonderful? A week without meetings. Do you even know how much time it would free up for me if I had no meetings for just one week? Hours. Many hours. It’s been a long week and for some reason I keep waking up before my alarm goes off. Like 20 minutes before it goes off. How annoying is that?!! Twenty minutes is not enough time to really get back to sleep, but it’s also enough to where I know I am missing out on 20 precious minutes of sleep. It’s awful. I want my twenty minutes back! I need a cocktail.
Say hello to my new favorite margarita…the cranberry margarita!
With the official holiday season kicking off next week, I figured you guys might be wanting some holiday cocktails. ‘Tis the season for cranberries, though I think I could really have them all year round. A margarita isn’t typically a drink I think about during this time of year, but this cranberry version is totally appropriate, especially if you want a drink that is lighter and refreshing to help break up all the potatoes, stuffing, and cookies that go hand-in-hand this time of year!
For the cranberry syrup (makes enough for about 6 margaritas):
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the margaritas:
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 7 ounces Sprite or club soda
- 4 tablespoons cranberry syrup
- sugar or salt for the rims
- fresh lime slices and cranberries (for garnish)
For the cranberry syrup:
- To prepare the syrup, pour the cranberry juice, orange juice, cranberries, and the sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a light boil for about 8-10 minutes, stirring every so often. Remove the mixture from the heat and let sit for 3 minutes. Then pour the syrup through a mesh strainer into a bowl or measuring cup. Let the syrup sit for 30 minutes to thicken or store in the fridge until ready to use.
For the margaritas:
- Use a damp cloth and rub around the rims of two glasses. Then dip into sugar or salt. Fill glasses with ice.
- Pour the tequila, Sprite or club soda, and the cranberry syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake gently to combine and then pour into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and/or cranberries and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183