Fall= crock pot season. My crock pot has been living on my counter these last few weeks. I love how easy it makes my life! Throw a bunch of crap in the pot, turn it on, and come home to a delicious dinner. How awesome would it be if there were crock pots for other things in life? Like…cleaning your house, paying bills, jury duty, you know, pretty much one for everything you hate doing in this world.
Let’s talk tacos. Tacos are rad. I could eat tacos every day…maybe….
These crock pot ranch chicken tacos are pretty flippin’ awesome! The chicken is so flavorful, I could just eat it with a fork and totally skip the tortilla. Aside from tasting awesome, they are also low in fat! Choose your toppings wisely and you will have yourself a healthy and seriously tasty meal! We make this at least once a month in our house.
The ranch flavor isn’t too overwhelming in these, but you can definitely taste it. If you want a stronger ranch flavor, you can use less of the taco seasoning and/or extra ranch seasoning. Or you could also drizzle some ranch dressing on your tacos in place of sour cream!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Suggested toppings: shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, diced avocado
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, ranch seasoning mix, and taco seasoning. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on low for about 3 1/2 hours or 1 1/2 hours on high. Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Spoon some of the chicken into a tortilla and top with desired toppings.