Instant Pot Egg Bites (Starbucks Copycat)
I love hitting up Starbucks for a quick breakfast during the week. And while I love a big muffin or pastry, I look at all of those calories next to each of them and that feeling of guilt steps in which is fine because drags me back to reality. I love their steel cut oats, but my most favorite breakfast item from Starbucks are their sous vide egg bites!
If you have never had them, they are these deliciously little egg muffins that are light and creamy and fluffy all at the same time. So good! But, let’s be honest, they aren’t super cheap and add up fast. And raise your hand if you have a sous vide machine at home? Yeah, me either. The good news is that you can make these tasty egg bites in your pressure cooker!
Granted, since we aren’t actually using sous vide, they are not going to be exactly the same, but they are pretty darn close and will certainly satisfy your cravings!
Starbucks has two different versions of the egg bites, one with gruyere and bacon and an egg white version with jack cheese and red bell pepper. I’ve had both, but I actually prefer the egg white version.
These egg bites are made with whole eggs, but it’s 5 eggs divided amongst 7 cups. Cottage cheese and a bit of cream cheese give them that creamy texture. I then added a bit of red and green bell pepper.
You can double up and make these and freeze them if you’d like. Just pop them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and you are good. Also, you can mix in so many different things into these egg bites to change things up: bacon, other cheeses, spinach, broccoli, or other herbs. The possibilities are endless and your wallet will thank you!
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plain cream cheese or Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green belle pepper, diced
- Pour one cup of water into the pressure cooker. Place the trivet on top.
- In a blender, Pour in the eggs, cottage cheese, cream cheese (or yogurt), cheese, and the salt. Blend until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spray the cups of the silicone mold with cooking spray. Divide the diced bell peppers into each cup. Pour the egg mixture into each cup in the mold.
- Place the molds on top of the trivet and cover with foil. Lock the lid and set the pressure cooker to the steam function for 8 minutes.
- After the 8 minutes has passed, let the pot do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Manually release any remaining pressure. Carefully lift the mold out of the pressure cooker. Let sit for 2 minutes. Use a fork to gently lift out each egg cup out of the mold. Serve or freeze.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g