Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos (or Pressure Cooker)
Fall= crock pot season. My crock pot has been living on my counter these last few weeks. I love how easy it makes my life! Throw a bunch of crap in the pot, turn it on, and come home to a delicious dinner. How awesome would it be if there were crock pots for other things in life? Like…cleaning your house, paying bills, jury duty, you know, pretty much one for everything you hate doing in this world.
Let’s talk tacos. Tacos are rad. I could eat tacos every day…maybe….
These crock pot ranch chicken tacos are pretty flippin’ awesome! The chicken is so flavorful, I could just eat it with a fork and totally skip the tortilla. Aside from tasting awesome, they are also low in fat! Choose your toppings wisely and you will have yourself a healthy and seriously tasty meal! These tacos are in our regular dinner rotation in my house and we make them 2-3 times a month. And while I used to make this all the time in the slow cooker, I now make it in my Instant Pot in 25 minutes so I’ve included instructions to make it either way!
The ranch flavor isn’t too overwhelming in these, but you can definitely taste it. If you want a stronger ranch flavor, you can use less of the taco seasoning and/or extra ranch seasoning. Or you could also drizzle some ranch dressing on your tacos in place of sour cream! And of course, this chicken can go in more than just tacos! Use it for nachos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, or on a Mexican salad. I have also found that leftovers freeze wonderfullyjjjggg with some of the leftover liquid) and reheat easily in a pot on the stove!
Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Desired toppings (shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, avocado)
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, ranch seasoning mix, and taco seasoning. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on low for about 3 1/2 hours or 1 1/2 hours on high in the slow cooker. If using a pressure cooker (Instant Pot), than cook on high pressure for 25 minutes and do a quick release when done. Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker or pressure cooker and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Use a slotted spoon and spoon the chicken onto a tortilla and top with desired toppings.
250 calories per serving