Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos
My husband has been putting in his Super Bowl menu requests for a week now. Not to my surprise, he requested “some type of buffalo chicken recipe.” The guy loves his buffalo chicken! I always try to come up with new buffalo recipes for him like my buffalo chicken dip or buffalo chicken bites. Truth be told, I’m not personally a big fan of buffalo sauce. Same with BBQ sauce. I’m actually shocked we are still married because I think I’m seriously in the minority on these important issues!
When it comes to tacos though, I can always get down! And yes, this includes buffalo chicken tacos. This recipe is ridiculously easy. First, you just need to pull out your slow cooker. Then toss in some chicken, broth, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder and let it cook for a few hours. This recipe is perfect for easy family dinners and it would be great for making for the Super Bowl if you want to double the recipe for a crowd.
I didn’t use a ton of buffalo sauce, just enough to get the flavor so I’d recommend having extra buffalo sauce on the side for those that want it. The toppings are endless too. You can add blue cheese or any traditional taco toppings. Oh, and if you want another idea, you can also put the chicken onto buns or sliders if you don’t want to go the taco route!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- tortillas, avocado, cheese, cilantro, sour cream, extra buffalo sauce
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker. In a small bowl, stir together the chicken broth, buffalo sauce, and the garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours and 30 minutes or on high for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with a fork. Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and let sit for another 10 minutes on warm. Serve and top with desired toppings.
Serving Size:2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information was calculated assuming a 2 taco serving using small flour tortillas with about 1/4-1/3 cup chicken per taco. Taco toppings are not included.